Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Repost From SPOT



Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie rumored to have inquired about adopting Pinoy child

Hollywood power couple Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have supposedly inquired about adopting a Filipino child from the Hospicio de San Jose in Manila, Manila Standard Today columnist Harold Geronimo Tweeted last month. "It was just an inquiry of adoption process, etc. according to sources (at) Hospicio. No concrete final details yet."

According to Manila Bulletin, Geronimo is not the official spokesperson of the orphanage but he said he has participated in their outreach programs. He claimed he was told that all adoption inquiries made to the orphanage are confidential.

In February, Pitt and Jolie were rumored to have been in the process of adopting a four-year-old Haitian orphan named Leah, reports Reuters. A spokesman for the actress denied this last month. "Ms. Jolie is focused on enhancing the welfare and legal protection of children within Haiti. As such, she has been meeting with Haiti (government) officials, Haitian legal experts and non-governmental organizations regarding a new initiative of the Jolie-Pitt Foundation. The recently launched Jolie Legal Fellows Program will assist the justice system in Haiti to improve child protection."

In 2009, the couple dubbed Brangelina was also rumored to have flown to Manila on a chartered plane to try to adopt a Filipino child, reports Manila Bulletin.

Pitt and Jolie are parents to three adopted children (Maddox, Pax and Zahara) and three biological children (Shiloh, Knox and Vivienne).

Reposted From SPOT

No comments:

Followers

How do you want to see your blog reviewed, evaluated and rated as I see it? It's free!!! All that I request from you is a backlink from your blog to my blog by including my blog in your blogroll or enroll my blog in your subscriber or email feed. Aren't you curious how I will rate your blog as I see it?

To All Filipino Bloggers

May I invite you to join Filipinos Unite!!!. You can do so by commenting on my post or sending me an email containing your name, address, name of blog and its url. My email address is melalarilla@gmail.com. Your name, address, name of blog and its url will be included in the official registry of members posted permanently at my blog. Please join and be counted. Thank you so much. Mabuhay and God bless you and your loved ones.