Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Repost From SPOT



1974 Miss Universe and Spanish actress Amparo Muñoz dies at 56

Amparo Muñoz declared Miss Universe in 1974

Miss Universe 1974 Amparo Muñoz, who was crowned in the Philippines when the international beauty pageant was held here, has died after a "long illness" at her home in Malaga, Spain, reports Typically Spanish. She was 56 years old.

The actress was the first Miss Spain to be crowned Miss Universe but she renounced the title six months later due to discrepancies with the organizers, reports Typically Spanish. After winning the pageant, she returned to the Philippines to shoot the movie Hayop sa Ganda with 1969 Miss Universe Gloria Diaz, according to Ricky Lo of The Philippine Star. However, she "went home in a huff after she clashed with a producer-talent-scout with whom she swapped court charges."

More than a decade ago, Muñoz was rumored to have died from AIDS, according to Lo's column in 2006. That year, Lo wrote that Muñoz told Spanish newspaper Cronica that she suffered from a cerebral disease, not AIDS, a few years ago.

Lo quoted Muñoz, "I got sick the same day my Papa died of pulmonary infection... I was devastated by his death because I wasn't able to ask forgiveness from him for everything that I did. At first, I felt little symptoms. I would get dizzy when tying my shoes."

She added, "So I consulted a doctor and at first he told me, 'I'm afraid that you have cancer of the brain.' Soon, I was vomiting and feeling tremors. I was checked again by my doctor who found an abnormal growth in my cerebellum. So I underwent chemotherapy."

Reposted From SPOT

No comments:

Followers

How do you want to see your blog reviewed, evaluated and rated as I see it? It's free!!! All that I request from you is a backlink from your blog to my blog by including my blog in your blogroll or enroll my blog in your subscriber or email feed. Aren't you curious how I will rate your blog as I see it?

To All Filipino Bloggers

May I invite you to join Filipinos Unite!!!. You can do so by commenting on my post or sending me an email containing your name, address, name of blog and its url. My email address is melalarilla@gmail.com. Your name, address, name of blog and its url will be included in the official registry of members posted permanently at my blog. Please join and be counted. Thank you so much. Mabuhay and God bless you and your loved ones.