MANILA, Philippines - Hunk actor Piolo Pascual has ironed things out with Megastar Sharon Cuneta and her daughter, young actress KC Concepcion.
In a press conference for Pascual's latest endorsement, Quickchow, the actor admitted that he personally talked to Cuneta to resolve a controversy involving his 13-year-old son Iñigo.
“Siguro, as a mom, she just really wants me to say my piece about the issue and naitawid naman. Okay na I visited her (Cuneta) last Sunday in her dressing room," Pascual said.
The actor added he felt “relieved” after his heart-to-heart talk with the megastar.
"Napakaliit ng industriya natin and she's not the person na puwede mong baliwalain. She's the mom of KC. She's the megastar," said Pascual.
Pascual, a single dad, has publicly admitted that he is wooing Concepcion.
Iñigo, Pascual’s only son, recently got involved in a controversy after pranksters used his name and pretended to be him on Twitter to attack Concepcion. Concepcion was called nasty stuff in the same Twitter account.
Cuneta did not take this sitting down.
In his formal statement, however, Pascual clarified that his son has never maintained a Twitter account, and that Iñigo’s Facebook page had been hacked. He also apologized to the mother and daughter.
To prove that everything is now okay between him and Cuneta, Pascual bared that he will be part of the megastar's upcoming concert dubbed as "Sharon Cuneta: Mega Drama concert" at the Araneta Coliseum on August 7.
Pascual said from the start he wanted to shield his son from showbiz issues.
"Ang sa akin I have to protect and defend my son against issues. First of all, hindi siya from showbiz and I have to protect his privacy. He's not based here," said Pascual.
Iñigo is studying in the United States.
Pascual also believes that youngsters need supervision when using the Internet, specifically signing up in social networking websites such as Twitter and Facebook.
"Mahirap kasi ang daming pumatol accusing people of certain things. At least we set the record straight na it's not really my son. Kung sinuman ang naglabas noon sana ay makonsensiya sila because relationship ang sinisira nila," he said.
The hunk actor vowed to investigate the incident to find out who did the prank. Pascual suspects the persons or group behind it might also be based in the US.
"Ang pag-hack naman ng Facebook at Twitter ay worldwide yan. Nasa Internet yan. Noong nakita ko yon, na-forward sa akin at nabasa ko lahat, talagang sinabi ko na hindi gagawin ng isang bata yon," he added.
Does his son get jealous of the women who get close to him?
"Natural lang sigurong reaction yon. Even when I was at his age, ganoon din ako. Puberty stage 'yon. Siguro the most important thing is you spend time with him, give him the attention he needs and he deserves, lesson learned din siguro," he replied.
Looking at the positive side of the controversy, he said the issue has strengthened his relationship with his son.
'It gives us better insights at mas naintindihan namin ang isa’t isa. At I think bottom line, even before it happens, we knew where we’re coming from already," the actor said.
When asked about his love life, meantime, Pascual said it is sort of "active" because of Concepcion.
When asked if he and Concepcion would work together in a film anytime soon, Pascual, who wants his personal life to remain private, answered in the negative. -Report by Reyma Buan-Deveza, abs-cbnNEWS.com
Reposted From Reyma Buan-Deveza of ABS-CBN News