Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Repost From Thea Alberto Of Yahoo! Southeast Asia

Aquino receives first paycheck

By Thea Alberto – August 4th, 2010
Email Facebook Twitter Print
600yahoo_aquinopaycheck

By Thea Alberto, Yahoo! Southeast Asia

President Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III has received his first paycheck amounting to P63,002 (roughly $1393) for being the country’s chief executive, Presidential spokesperson Edwin Lacierda confirmed Wednesday.

Aquino’s salary suffered a huge cut because he has no dependents. His taxes, including other mandatory government contributions, amounted to at least 35 percent of his gross income which is said to be close to P100,000.

The check, dated July 30, has been deposited to Aquino’s personal bank account. The president received it August 2.

“He might use some of his pay to buy music CDs or magazines,” one of the government sources said when asked about Aquino’s plans for his salary.

Another government source added Aquino used some of his savings to pay for renovations of the new presidential residence, Bahay Pangarap.

At present, Aquino holds the record of being the highest-paid President. Aquino enjoyed the increase his predecessor ordered.

Last year, former president Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo issued Executive Order 611, ordering a salary increase for government officials and personnel, subsequently boosting her salary to about P95,000 from P63,525. As mandated by this EO, Aquino would also enjoy two more salary increases.

By 2011, Aquino’s pay would reach P107,000 a month and P120,000 by 2012.

Despite the relatively small pay, the president has a lot of privileges, including allowances and access to government funds. Most of his needs related to the position will also be charged to the government.

Reposted From Thea Alberto Of Yahoo! Southeast Asia

6 comments:

Mel_Cole said...

Oh my Gosh, I'm terrified of this greedy way of getting more money. That's just..........I hate to say it, I hate to complain again and again, kayud gyud ang mga pinoy ug trabaho ana. BTW, this blog made it to my site's top 10 ec droppers. Thanks so much!

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi MelCole,
I just can't understand your comment. I am surprised by your reaction to the salary of P.Noy. It's just 63,000 pesos a month, way way below the salary of top grade officials of big companies. Anyway, thanks that I was one of the top ten commenters of your blog. I really appreciate that. Thanks for your visit and comments. God bless you all always.

Unknown said...

Hmmm buti pa si noynoy may salary na hehehe, well i just hope all these people servingour country will do their best for the good of our people and our country.

imelda said...

it is such a huge amount,mel. im only receiving half of what he gets. if that is my salary i wont go abroad na.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Shy,
The amount is considered paltry considering the fact that he is the highest official of the land. Contrast that with the frivolous salaries and bonuses being received by the board of trustees of MWSS in the amount of millions of pesos a month. Thanks for your visit and comments. God bless you all always.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Imelda,
We cannot compare ourselves with him for he is the president of the Philippines. He should be receiving at least 300,000 pesos a month so that he will live comfortably. Thanks for your visit and comments. God bless you all always.

Followers

How do you want to see your blog reviewed, evaluated and rated as I see it? It's free!!! All that I request from you is a backlink from your blog to my blog by including my blog in your blogroll or enroll my blog in your subscriber or email feed. Aren't you curious how I will rate your blog as I see it?

To All Filipino Bloggers

May I invite you to join Filipinos Unite!!!. You can do so by commenting on my post or sending me an email containing your name, address, name of blog and its url. My email address is melalarilla@gmail.com. Your name, address, name of blog and its url will be included in the official registry of members posted permanently at my blog. Please join and be counted. Thank you so much. Mabuhay and God bless you and your loved ones.