Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Repost From Gerry Plaza

Grace Lee on James Yap: ‘We were never introduced’

By Gerry Plaza – July 24th, 2010
Email Facebook Twitter Print
600gma_gracelee

Showbiz Eye by Gerry Plaza
Special to Yahoo! Southeast Asia

As Kris Aquino’s nullity of marriage case appears to go full steam, with her lawyers revealing its strong case against James Yap –notably a claim that the talk show host-actress’ grounds for separation would “shock” the public — there are developments in the story that would not help James’ cause to avoid such proceedings and save their marriage.

Such is the emergence of another claim, which was published on gossip columns in the form of blind items that James was spotted in a beauty salon with a popular Korean TV news anchor, host and radio DJ. In yet another twist to this story, Grace Lee comes into this sordid picture.

According to the reports, James and Grace were allegedly seen in the beauty parlor “together.”

Grace, who hosts the GMA-7 morning talent show “Diz Iz It” and anchors showbiz segments on QTV-11’s “News on Q” and the weekend “24 Oras” edition, denied this.

In a text message to Yahoo! Southeast Asia, Grace puts that particular “link” to James in proper perspective.

“We go to the same parlor. That’s it,” Grace said.

Grace further revealed that while they were in the same room, there was no chance by any figment of imagination that they came and left the establishment “together” at the time.

“We were never introduced. Although I saw him there twice, (there were) no hellos or anything.”

Grace would not relish the idea of being on the list of purported girlfriends of the basketball star while he was very much married to the TV talk show host and actress.

For her, it’s downright absurd.

Grace is very much happy with her real romance, a Seoul-based Korean book publisher whom she met through a friend. She said she met him right after graduating from the Ateneo when he visited Manila for a business trip.

Also the popular DJ, who hosts the widely followed “Good Times” radio program wherein she shares the top billing with fellow DJs Mo Twister and Mojo Jojo, said her relationship with her boyfriend began “way before” she first started her career in media.

And, she doesn’t mince words in describing her unnamed partner in a previous chat with this sleepless blogger.

“He was my boyfriend before I started and he sees the transition I’m going through,” Grace said. “He’s proud of what I’ve achieved and he’s also worried, which is why he’s trying to be my guide if I’m going off track emotionally, mentally.”

“He is such a strength for me. He’s such a rock in my life. He holds me down. He makes sure I’m level headed at times when I might not be. He always pulls me down to the ground whenever he feels that when something good that is happening in my life might carry me away too much. He makes sure I’m very down to earth,” Grace added.

Grace said she looks forward to marrying her boyfriend, although not in the immediate future. According to her, she would like her future family, with four children, to permanently settle in Manila.

Photo courtesy of GMA-7

Gerry Plaza is a longtime entertainment editor and writer who would not like to get “linked” to Megan Fox, especially in tabloid blind items, Perez Hilton, or worse TMZ, just because we were seen beside each other in the LAX arrival area. Totally absurd…

Reposted From Gerry Plaza

2 comments:

UMMA said...

Another brouhaha in the life of the famous personalities. But that's the price of fame, you have to deal with it.


Fun family vacations
Bon Vivant
Mom Conversations
Simplify your Life

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Umma,
I believe that Grace Lee was just a victim of circumstances. Just because she goes to the same parlor that James Yap also patronizes does not mean that there is something between the two of them. They have not even been introduced to each other. Probably, some malicious gossip saw them both inside the parlor and concluded that there might be something between them already. Poor Grace Lee, now she knows how malicious some Pinoy can really be. Thanks for your visit and comments. God bless you always.

Followers

How do you want to see your blog reviewed, evaluated and rated as I see it? It's free!!! All that I request from you is a backlink from your blog to my blog by including my blog in your blogroll or enroll my blog in your subscriber or email feed. Aren't you curious how I will rate your blog as I see it?

To All Filipino Bloggers

May I invite you to join Filipinos Unite!!!. You can do so by commenting on my post or sending me an email containing your name, address, name of blog and its url. My email address is melalarilla@gmail.com. Your name, address, name of blog and its url will be included in the official registry of members posted permanently at my blog. Please join and be counted. Thank you so much. Mabuhay and God bless you and your loved ones.