Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Repost From Norman Bordadora - PDI/ANN



Philippine president dares Arroyo's son to show proof he filed tax document

Urdaneta, Philippines (Philippine Daily Inquirer/ANN) - Philippine President Benigno Aquino III has asked the son of ex-president Gloria Arroyo Juan Miguel "Mikey" Arroyo to show proof that he filed his income tax returns during the years that the Bureau of Internal Revenues alleged he failed to honor his tax obligations.

Aquino wouldn't address other issues raised by Arroyo, such as his claim that the tax case was filed in light of the President's falling satisfaction ratings and criticism over the President's Porsche sportscar and Lexus SUV.

"There is only one issue. The only issue is he earned income that can be clearly seen in the SAL (Statement of Assets and Liabilities) that has been increasing. If you earn income, you have an obligation to pay taxes," President Aquino told reporters during a visit to Pangasinan province on Friday.

"The accusation is you didn't even file (tax returns). Paying insufficient taxes is one thing but here, it is shown that he didn't file income tax returns. Let me just stress, before anything more is said, 'If you paid your taxes, show your income tax return'," he added. "Tapos ang isyu (Issue is over)."

Reposted From Norman Bordadora of PDI/ANN

No comments:

Followers

How do you want to see your blog reviewed, evaluated and rated as I see it? It's free!!! All that I request from you is a backlink from your blog to my blog by including my blog in your blogroll or enroll my blog in your subscriber or email feed. Aren't you curious how I will rate your blog as I see it?

To All Filipino Bloggers

May I invite you to join Filipinos Unite!!!. You can do so by commenting on my post or sending me an email containing your name, address, name of blog and its url. My email address is melalarilla@gmail.com. Your name, address, name of blog and its url will be included in the official registry of members posted permanently at my blog. Please join and be counted. Thank you so much. Mabuhay and God bless you and your loved ones.