Senator Panfilo Lacson will not refuse if President Benigno Aquino III offers him a Cabinet position at the end of his term in 2013.
"I’m one person who will not shy away from responsibility," Lacson told reporters during an ambush interview on Monday.
However, he was quick to dismiss rumors that he was being offered the post of secretary of the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG).
"That was not taken up during my meeting with the President," said Lacson, who met with Aquino last month shortly after he surfaced from more than a year of hiding to evade arrest in connection with a double murder case.
He likewise said that Interior Secretary Jesse Robredo should be given a chance to do his job. "I think he should stay there and perform his duty as DILG secretary."
Lacson was the chief of the Philippine National Police from November 1999 to January 2001. It was during this time that he allegedly masterminded the abduction and killing of publicist Salvador "Bubby" Dacer and Dacer's driver, Emmanuel Corbito.
The Court of Appeals has already junked the multiple murder cases filed against Lacson.
Lacson was first elected senator on 2001 and to another term in 2007, making him ineligible for reelection in the 2013 midterm elections. He was also an unsuccessful presidential candidate in the 2004 elections. - Kimberly Jane Tan/KBK, GMA News
Reposted From Kimberly Jane Tan pf GMA News