Friday, April 1, 2011

A Repost From ANN (Asian News Network)



N. Korean dictator Kim becomes popular drink's model

Seoul (The Korea Herald/ANN) - Although Kim Jong-il is the most influential and even scary figure in North Korea, he is treated as a hilarious icon outside of the hermit kingdom.

A new Sprite advertisement which features a dictator clearly modeled after Kim is popular among Chinese websites.

Produced in Israel, the advertisement depicts the dictator dancing wildly after taking a sip of the drink. It starts with a very familiar scene, like those occasionally shown on major news broadcasts all over the world; the march of people's army at a city that looks just like Pyongyang.

Then, a soldier carefully brings the leader a bottle of soda. The crowd watches him carefully in silence until he shouts "Can you feel it?" Suddenly, everyone starts to dance, and the military march turns into a party.

Click this link to watch the Sprite ad on YouTube.


Kim has been a favorite sources of jokes or parodies internationally. He was also introduced as "Super Kim," in a video--based on the Super Mario series of games--criticizing the North Korean government.

Reposted From ANN (Asian News Network)

No comments:

Followers

How do you want to see your blog reviewed, evaluated and rated as I see it? It's free!!! All that I request from you is a backlink from your blog to my blog by including my blog in your blogroll or enroll my blog in your subscriber or email feed. Aren't you curious how I will rate your blog as I see it?

To All Filipino Bloggers

May I invite you to join Filipinos Unite!!!. You can do so by commenting on my post or sending me an email containing your name, address, name of blog and its url. My email address is melalarilla@gmail.com. Your name, address, name of blog and its url will be included in the official registry of members posted permanently at my blog. Please join and be counted. Thank you so much. Mabuhay and God bless you and your loved ones.