Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Repost From ABS-CBN News



Gary, Kris speak up on Hubert's acquittal

Gary, Kris speak up on Hubert's acquittal

MANILA, Philippines – Following the acquittal of Hubert Webb and 5 others on the Vizconde massacre case last Tuesday, singer Gary Valenciano and Queen of All Media Kris Aquino have finally aired their sentiments about the matter.

Unknown to a number of people, Valenciano was among those who testified for Webb during his trial.

In an interview with “Showbiz News Ngayon” on Thursday, Valenciano related how he was approached by the Webb family seeking emotional support.

“I did testify na nakilala ko siya. It means a lot to me because the family really spoke to me before na can you please help us in any way. Sabi ko sa kanila, yeah but when I saw him, ang layo doon sa time that it happened. Okay lang po yun, we just need a little support. I said okay,” he recounted.

Valenciano also shared that he talked to Lauro Vizconde before he took the witness stand. “When I testified nag-usap din kami ni Mr. Vizconde. Sabi ko sa kanya sir I’m just here because the conviction in my heart is to bring out what needs to be brought out,” he said.

Valenciano stressed that although he is very happy for the Webb family now that Hubert is out of jail, he is still hoping for justice for Mr. Vizconde.

“Whatever has transpired now is only a step closer to more answers for the questions that have been asked. I’m happy for the Webb family. Hubert is basically going to begin from the very, very beginning. I can only wish him the best this time. But I’m confident, he’s got a good family backing him up,” he said.

Aquino also sympathizes for both families.

“My heart goes out to the Webb family because they lost 15 years of Hubert’s life with them. But my heart also goes out to Mang Lauro Vizconde because ngayon walang closure. Hindi rin niya alam kung sino talaga ang pumatay sa anak niya,” she said.

Aquino said that she is praying for the 2 families since both have become victims.

“I pray for all of them because for one family they lost so many years. For another man naman, yung akala niyang tapos na, hindi pa pala,” she said.

Aquino portrayed Carmela Vizconde in the “The Vizconde Massacre” film in 1993.

Reposted From ABS-CBN News

No comments:

Followers

How do you want to see your blog reviewed, evaluated and rated as I see it? It's free!!! All that I request from you is a backlink from your blog to my blog by including my blog in your blogroll or enroll my blog in your subscriber or email feed. Aren't you curious how I will rate your blog as I see it?

To All Filipino Bloggers

May I invite you to join Filipinos Unite!!!. You can do so by commenting on my post or sending me an email containing your name, address, name of blog and its url. My email address is melalarilla@gmail.com. Your name, address, name of blog and its url will be included in the official registry of members posted permanently at my blog. Please join and be counted. Thank you so much. Mabuhay and God bless you and your loved ones.