Monday, November 1, 2010

A Repost From AP


Man pulls shark's tail to save woman in Australia

PERTH, Australia – Officials say a female diving guide was bitten on the thigh and buttocks by a shark but was saved when another swimmer pulled the shark's tail.

Frank Pisani of Fremantle Sea Rescue said Sunday that an unidentified man grabbed the shark by the tail as it bit Elyse Frankcom in waters about 30 miles (50 kilometers) south of Perth.

Pisani said Frankcom started to sink to the bottom but the man grabbed hold of her and brought her to the surface and back on board the boat.

Frankcom had been guiding a group of people on a dive with dolphins on Saturday.

Department of Fisheries spokesman Tony Cappelluti says the 10-foot (three-meter) shark was either a great white or a whaler shark.

Frankcom is in stable condition after surgery Sunday.

Reposted From AP (Associated Press)

No comments:

Followers

How do you want to see your blog reviewed, evaluated and rated as I see it? It's free!!! All that I request from you is a backlink from your blog to my blog by including my blog in your blogroll or enroll my blog in your subscriber or email feed. Aren't you curious how I will rate your blog as I see it?

To All Filipino Bloggers

May I invite you to join Filipinos Unite!!!. You can do so by commenting on my post or sending me an email containing your name, address, name of blog and its url. My email address is melalarilla@gmail.com. Your name, address, name of blog and its url will be included in the official registry of members posted permanently at my blog. Please join and be counted. Thank you so much. Mabuhay and God bless you and your loved ones.