Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Repost From GMA News.TV



Aquino signs proclamation giving amnesty to 'mutineers'

President Benigno Simeon Aquino III said he has signed a proclamation granting amnesty to soldiers involved in the Oakwood mutiny in 2003 and the Marine standoff in 2006.

In a chance interview on Tuesday, Aquino said the approval of both chambers of Congress is needed before the decree could take effect.

"I signed it [the proclamation] yesterday (Monday)," he said.

"The process is there's a proclamation, which needs concurrence by both chambers of of Congress, then it becomes a law," the president said.

He added that the Department of National Defense will then process the applications for amnesty if the proclamation is approved.

If approved by Congress, the proclamation would pave the way for the release of detained Senator Antonio Trillanes IV.

Trillanes, a former Navy official, is facing charges before military and civilian courts for his participation in two attempts to overthrow the Arroyo administration. — LBG/VVP, GMANews.TV

Reposted From GMA News.TV

No comments:

Followers

How do you want to see your blog reviewed, evaluated and rated as I see it? It's free!!! All that I request from you is a backlink from your blog to my blog by including my blog in your blogroll or enroll my blog in your subscriber or email feed. Aren't you curious how I will rate your blog as I see it?

To All Filipino Bloggers

May I invite you to join Filipinos Unite!!!. You can do so by commenting on my post or sending me an email containing your name, address, name of blog and its url. My email address is melalarilla@gmail.com. Your name, address, name of blog and its url will be included in the official registry of members posted permanently at my blog. Please join and be counted. Thank you so much. Mabuhay and God bless you and your loved ones.