Aquino asks Bar blast perpetrators to surrender
By Thea Alberto
Yahoo! Southeast Asia
President Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III urged the perpetrators of Sunday’s Bar exams blast at De La Salle University (DLSU) along Taft Avenue, Manila to surrender, as he warned that the full force of the law will be imposed.
“To those of you who are guilty: The full resources of the state are being unleashed against you. Surrender,” Aquino said Wednesday.
Aquino said he has also taken “personal interest” in the blast incident that injured scores of law students during the Bar Operations at DLSU. Police said the blast could be part of a fraternity war.
“I expect a strong case to be built against the perpetrators of this crime at the soonest possible time,” said Aquino.
The President said he already ordered National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Director Magtanggol Gatdula and Manila Police District Head, Chief Superintendent Roberto Ronganvilla to resolve the case immediately.
“I consider this a heinous crime because many of the victims were women and students preparing for their futures as productive citizens of our country. Society bears an added responsibility for caring for women and the youth,” Aquino added.
Earlier in the day, Aquino also went to the Philippine General Hospital (PGH) to visit Law student Raissa Laurel, whose legs were amputated following the blast.
Aquino said he already directed the Presidential Management Staff to render assistance to Laurel and the other victims.
Reposted From Thea Alberto of Yahoo! Southeast Asia