Monday, September 27, 2010

A Repost From Gerry Plaza Of Yahoo! Southeast Asia

St-Pierre: Mayweather should fear Pacquiao

By Gerry Plaza – September 27th, 2010
600nppa_mannypacquiaotraining

By Gerry Plaza
Yahoo! Southeast Asia

Manny Pacquiao will prevail in a fight with Floyd Mayweather, Jr., said Georges St-Pierre’s, current UFC welterweight champion and top pound-for-pound fighter in mixed martial arts in his trip last week to Manila where he wowed fans and mixed martial arts enthusiasts.

“I think Pacquiao will win,” St. Pierre said in a press conference. “Knowing that Pacquiao is a big, big threat for him, I think he doesn’t want to have that fight because he has a lot to lose.”

Pacquiao’s boxing coach, Freddie Roach, is also behind St-Pierre’s training. “I owe a lot to him,” St-Pierre said. “He showed me how to win. He taught me what I need to do in the Octagon to become champion. He guided me to where I am today.”

He even hinted joining Roach and Pacquiao in their ongoing training in a Quezon City gym.

St-Pierre likewise noted Mayweather could face an uphill battle against Pacquiao should they meet in the ring given how he had been “rocked” by Shane Mosley in their last fight.

“I think Pacquiao is really untouchable right now,” St-Pierre said. “If they hold that fight maybe tomorrow, I think Pacquiao will win.”

Asked however if Pacquiao could also dominate mixed martial arts or enter the UFC, St. Pierre said the boxing champ may not make it big in the sport.

“Boxing is totally different from what we do,” St-Pierre said. “But if he would take lessons in jujitsu, he may get a shot at it (joining the UFC). But I doubt he’ll do it.”

Hailed as MMA’s own pound-for-pound king, St-Pierre has also been criticized for “playing safe” in his recent matches.

“In all my previous matches, I always see to it that I give my 100 percent. No ifs no buts. And that made me what I am today,” St-Pierre stressed.

In fact, in his upcoming welterweight title match against Josh Koscheck in December, St-Pierre declares he is more than prepared and would emerge victorious.

“I think I know him more than he knows himself,” St-Pierre said. “I am confident about that match. Koscheck can just say anything he wants. I am prepared for him.”

Reposted From Gerry Plaza of Yahoo! Southeast Asia

No comments:

Followers

How do you want to see your blog reviewed, evaluated and rated as I see it? It's free!!! All that I request from you is a backlink from your blog to my blog by including my blog in your blogroll or enroll my blog in your subscriber or email feed. Aren't you curious how I will rate your blog as I see it?

To All Filipino Bloggers

May I invite you to join Filipinos Unite!!!. You can do so by commenting on my post or sending me an email containing your name, address, name of blog and its url. My email address is melalarilla@gmail.com. Your name, address, name of blog and its url will be included in the official registry of members posted permanently at my blog. Please join and be counted. Thank you so much. Mabuhay and God bless you and your loved ones.