Monday, August 16, 2010

A Repost From Gerry Plaza Of Yahoo! Southeast Asia

Willie unfazed if ABS-CBN files case

By Gerry Plaza – August 16th, 2010
Email Facebook Twitter Print

Showbiz Eye by Gerry Plaza
Special to Yahoo! Southeast Asia

Willie Revillame said he was unfazed should ABS-CBN pursue a case against him for seeking to unilaterally end his talent contract.

“Karapatan naman nila yun. Okay lang sa akin,” Willie said in an interview aired on GMA-7’s “Showbiz Central” on Sunday, August 15. “(Kung mangyayari yun) sasabihin ko lang po lahat ng totoo.”

Willie sought to rescind his contract with ABS-CBN after the network had allegedly reneged on an agreement that would allow his return to his now defunct noontime show “Wowowee.” The popular host claimed that he decided to leave ABS-CBN because the network did not “treat me fairly,” he said in a letter to the network last week.

“After much thought and thorough reflection on where I should stand in the face of these frustrating events, I have come to the conclusion that I should now rescind our contract,” Willie said in the letter addressed to ABS-CBN chairman Eugenio Lopez III on August 9.

He claimed that top officials of the network met him in July to negotiate his return to “Wowowee” that ended in an agreement that will allow a comeback on July 31. After a week of preparations for his comeback to “Wowowee,” Willie said ABS-CBN suddenly changed its mind.

ABS-CBN, instead, offered him two new shows on Channel 2 and sister channel Studio 23, one of which is pre-recorded.
The network had since decided to cancel “Wowowee” in favor of a new noontime show, “Pilipinas Win na Win!” that premiered on the supposed agreed date of his comeback, July 31.

Willie revealed in a press conference that the comeback was blocked by top officials of the network, who opposed his return.
“Sa puso ko, pinapakiramdam ko kung masaya ako pagbalik ko,” said in the television interview on August 15. “Hindi na ako magiging masaya kasi ang feeling ko hindi na ako welcome.”

He declined the ABS-CBN offer. “Although ABS-CBN has graciously offered me a replacement program, I am declining it because it is a one-hour weekly show, not live but pre-recorded, and therefore, not of the same kind of equivalent importance as ‘Wowowee,’” Willie said in his letter to ABS-CBN.

While there are speculations that Willie would move to TV5 for a supposed new noontime show, ABS-CBN had quickly shot down that possibility.

“ABS-CBN wishes to reiterate that it will hold Willie to his obligations under the contract which expires September 2011,” it said in a statement.

Despite this, Willie said he has other plans.

“I have to move on with my life kung ano ang gusto kong gawin, which is balak kong magtayo ng sarili kong production,” Willie said.

Reposted From Gerry Plaza Of Yahoo! Southeast Asia

No comments:


How do you want to see your blog reviewed, evaluated and rated as I see it? It's free!!! All that I request from you is a backlink from your blog to my blog by including my blog in your blogroll or enroll my blog in your subscriber or email feed. Aren't you curious how I will rate your blog as I see it?

To All Filipino Bloggers

May I invite you to join Filipinos Unite!!!. You can do so by commenting on my post or sending me an email containing your name, address, name of blog and its url. My email address is Your name, address, name of blog and its url will be included in the official registry of members posted permanently at my blog. Please join and be counted. Thank you so much. Mabuhay and God bless you and your loved ones.