Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Repost From ABS-CBN News


Some Miss Universe bets go topless

Some Miss Universe bets go topless

LAS VEGAS - Photos of Miss Universe candidates posing with body paint on different parts of their bodies are all over the Web. Some news agencies criticized the photos since some of the candidates posed topless.

But candidates say none of them were forced to go topless, and that they only had body paint on whatever body part they were comfortable with. "May option ka naman kasi, whether gusto mo or ayaw mo. Iyong hindi naman ako tinanong noong photographer kung gusto ko or ayaw ko, basta sinabi lang niya doon sa nagpa-paint: 'Okay lagyan siya ng gold, lagyan siya ng ganito...' Hindi naman niya sinabing o tanggalin mo iyang top mo," said Miss Philippines Venus Raj.

Reigning Miss Universe Stefania Fernandez says the photos were beautiful and shot professionally. "I think this is the best….our photographer, he's the best. He knows what he knows and he's great," she said. Miss Venezuela enjoyed the body art session and hopes she could do it again. "The girls I asked said they were very comfortable with it. It was great shooting. And I saw the pictures... They were amazing pictures. I wish I could have the opportunity to pose again," said Marelisa Gibson, Miss Venezuela.

The Miss Universe organization says nudity is part of many cultures, and the pictures were cutting edge . Some mediamen covering the pageant said the photos displayed a different kind of beauty and should not be made an issue.

"I think it's art. That's how I would put it," said Jessica Carrillo of Telemundo.

Meanwhile, the Miss Universe fever is now being felt all over Las Vegas as the city awaits the coronation night on August 24. Posters of the reigning Miss Universe are everywhere. A video wall plays the images of candidates.

The Mandalay Bay Hotel, where the pageant will be held, is fully booked.

Rental cars are difficult to get, and because it is the summer season, visitors are trooping to enjoy the cool pools around the strip. The Miss Universe pageant moves to different locations around the world.

Las Vegas, of course, is very proud to host what is called "the most beautiful day in the universe."

This year, 83 candidates will vie for the coveted title of Miss Universe 2010.

Reposted From ABS-CBN News

2 comments:

shydub said...

Haaay masasabi ko lang haaay. Talaga nag topless hmmm grabe natu ahh

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Shy,
Hindi naman topless all the way kung hindi naka body paint. Art daw yun sabi nang mga organizers. Thanks for your visit and comments. God bless you all always.

Followers

How do you want to see your blog reviewed, evaluated and rated as I see it? It's free!!! All that I request from you is a backlink from your blog to my blog by including my blog in your blogroll or enroll my blog in your subscriber or email feed. Aren't you curious how I will rate your blog as I see it?

To All Filipino Bloggers

May I invite you to join Filipinos Unite!!!. You can do so by commenting on my post or sending me an email containing your name, address, name of blog and its url. My email address is melalarilla@gmail.com. Your name, address, name of blog and its url will be included in the official registry of members posted permanently at my blog. Please join and be counted. Thank you so much. Mabuhay and God bless you and your loved ones.