Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Repost From PDI/AP

Nadal beats Federer again in French Open final

0 ShareNew

Photo by AP

PARIS—Rafael Nadal is still better than the best player of all time, beating Roger Federer for the fourth occasion in the French Open final 7-5, 7-6 (3), 5-7, 6-1 on Sunday.

Nadal, who equaled Bjorn Borg’s record of six French Open titles and earned his 10th major overall with the victory, dropped to his knees and covered his face after Federer sent a forehand long on match point.

The top-ranked Nadal improved his record at Roland Garros to 45-1, and to 17-8 against Federer. In Grand Slam finals, Nadal is now 6-2 against his main rival.

He’ll also keep his No. 1 ranking.

Nadal was playing to Federer’s backhand on Court Philippe Chatrier, but even the 16-time Grand Slam champion’s forehand was off. He committed 56 unforced errors in the match, while Nadal had only 27.

In the break of service that finally broke Federer for good, the Swiss missed an easy forehand, double-faulted and then put a forehand into the net. That gave Nadal a 3-1 lead in the fourth set, and enough to hold on for victory.

Nadal is the second youngest man to reach 10 major titles. The only one younger was Borg.

He’s also about six months younger than Federer was when he won his 10th.

Reposted From PDI/AP

No comments:

Followers

How do you want to see your blog reviewed, evaluated and rated as I see it? It's free!!! All that I request from you is a backlink from your blog to my blog by including my blog in your blogroll or enroll my blog in your subscriber or email feed. Aren't you curious how I will rate your blog as I see it?

To All Filipino Bloggers

May I invite you to join Filipinos Unite!!!. You can do so by commenting on my post or sending me an email containing your name, address, name of blog and its url. My email address is melalarilla@gmail.com. Your name, address, name of blog and its url will be included in the official registry of members posted permanently at my blog. Please join and be counted. Thank you so much. Mabuhay and God bless you and your loved ones.