Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Repost From SPOT




NAIA voted worst airport in Asia and 5th worst worldwide, says travel site

(SPOT.ph) The Ninoy Aquino International Airport has been voted the worst airport in Asia and the fifth worst in the world last year, according to the online readers of travel site The Guide to Sleeping in Airports, reports Inquirer.net.

In the worldwide list, NAIA, particularly Terminal 1, followed Paris Charles de Gaulle (No. 1), Paris Beauvais (No. 2), Moscow Sheremetyevo (No. 3) and a Los Angeles airport (No. 4). In 2009, NAIA was voted the seventh worst in the world.

Part of the featured review by user trustma reads: "Terminal 1 needs to be demolished. It is filthy, too small and WAY past its prime. Lines are insanely long, and I was shocked that I had to pay airport tax for such a sh*thole. There were no toilet seats OR RUNNING WATER in the bathrooms! A big bucket with a dipper was by the front door and about four attendants hassled me for a tip."

However, the website also said, "There is hope at this airport if you go to Terminal 3 (which) is clean, spacious and (equipped with) Internet connection."

Inquirer.net quoted Manila International Airport Authority General Manager Jose Angel Honrado: "We are aware of the deficiencies. We really appreciate the comments and we're trying to correct these things. But please understand that this will take time."

Honrado also asked critics of Terminal 1 to visit the 30-year-old terminal and take note of the improvements such as efforts to renovate the restrooms, reports Inquirer.net. He added that international flights will be moved to Terminal 3 in the next few years but that they are likely to retain Terminal 1 for "spillover" flights.

Reposted From SPOT

No comments:

Followers

How do you want to see your blog reviewed, evaluated and rated as I see it? It's free!!! All that I request from you is a backlink from your blog to my blog by including my blog in your blogroll or enroll my blog in your subscriber or email feed. Aren't you curious how I will rate your blog as I see it?

To All Filipino Bloggers

May I invite you to join Filipinos Unite!!!. You can do so by commenting on my post or sending me an email containing your name, address, name of blog and its url. My email address is melalarilla@gmail.com. Your name, address, name of blog and its url will be included in the official registry of members posted permanently at my blog. Please join and be counted. Thank you so much. Mabuhay and God bless you and your loved ones.