Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Repost From AFP


Filipino star Donaire signs De la Hoya deal

Filipino boxing star Nonito Donaire, who stopped Fernando Montiel last month to take two world bantamweight titles, has signed a deal with Oscar de la Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions.

The Los Angeles firm announced Wednesday its multi-year promotional contract with the 28-year-old "Filipino Flash", a former world flyweight and super flyweight champion who collected the World Boxing Council and World Boxing Organization bantamweight titles last month.

Donaire, 26-1 with 18 knockouts and no losses in 10 years, stopped Mexico's Montiel in the second round last month and will look to defend his crowns this year, reportedly as soon as May 28 in Atlantic City against an undecided opponent.

"I'm honored to be joining so many great fighters and champions on the Golden Boy Promotions team," Donaire said. "I'm going to fight my heart out every time I'm in the ring and will give fans the fights they want to see."

Rival champions of Donaire include Panama's Anselmo Moreno and Ghana's Joseph Agbeko, who defends his International Boxing Federation crown next month against Mexico's Abner Mares.

"Nonito Donaire is one of the top boxers in the world today," De la Hoya said. "We're going to make sure he gets the chance to defend his world titles and stays as active as possible."

Reposted From AFP

No comments:

Followers

How do you want to see your blog reviewed, evaluated and rated as I see it? It's free!!! All that I request from you is a backlink from your blog to my blog by including my blog in your blogroll or enroll my blog in your subscriber or email feed. Aren't you curious how I will rate your blog as I see it?

To All Filipino Bloggers

May I invite you to join Filipinos Unite!!!. You can do so by commenting on my post or sending me an email containing your name, address, name of blog and its url. My email address is melalarilla@gmail.com. Your name, address, name of blog and its url will be included in the official registry of members posted permanently at my blog. Please join and be counted. Thank you so much. Mabuhay and God bless you and your loved ones.