Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Repost From ABS-CBN News


Chiz to Aquino: Time to let go of Puno

Chiz to Aquino: Time to let go of Puno

MANILA, Philippines - Even if the jueteng allegations are not true, it would be best for President Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III to let go of a favored member of the Cabinet, Senator Francis “Chiz” Escudero said.

In an interview with radio dzMM, the administration ally said “hindi ko sinasabing tama ang alegasyon. Ang akin lang, ang sinuman na naninilbihan sa ilalim ng Pangulo na nagpapabigat, dapat pag-aralan nang dapat palitan o ilipat.”

(I’m not saying the allegations are true. However, anyone who is already a burden, should be fired or transferred.)

During the Senate Blue Ribbon Committee hearing on Tuesday, retired Lingayen-Dagupan Archbishop Oscar Cruz named Interior and Local Government Undersecretary Rico Puno as 1 of 2 recipients of jueteng payola.

Puno already denied the allegations, saying it is just a smear job against him.

In MalacaƱang, Presidential spokesman Edwin Lacierda said Puno should be given the chance to debunk the accusations.

Puno still enjoys the trust of Aquino, he said.

Escudero, however, said the jueteng scandal is not the only issue plaguing Puno.

The other day, a multi-sectoral task force also recommended that he be charged in connection with the hostage fiasco last August 23.

“Either let go or assign him to another office…Perhaps, he can do a better job in another, rather than this particular position,” he said.

A subordinate should always take the bullet for the President, not the other way around, he added.

Reposted From ABS-CBN News

No comments:

Followers

How do you want to see your blog reviewed, evaluated and rated as I see it? It's free!!! All that I request from you is a backlink from your blog to my blog by including my blog in your blogroll or enroll my blog in your subscriber or email feed. Aren't you curious how I will rate your blog as I see it?

To All Filipino Bloggers

May I invite you to join Filipinos Unite!!!. You can do so by commenting on my post or sending me an email containing your name, address, name of blog and its url. My email address is melalarilla@gmail.com. Your name, address, name of blog and its url will be included in the official registry of members posted permanently at my blog. Please join and be counted. Thank you so much. Mabuhay and God bless you and your loved ones.