Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Repost From ABS-CBN News

Pacquiao: Mayweather fight a big possibility

Pacquiao: Mayweather fight a big possibility

MANILA, Philippines – International boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao said it is still possible for him to face former pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr. if they both come out victorious in their respective battles, one outside the ring and the other inside the ring, in May.

“There’s that big possibility,” said Pacquiao in a report posted on Bloomberg.com.

Pacquiao is facing Roy Chiongbian for the lone congressional seat in Sarangani Province on May 10 while Mayweather will fight Shane Mosley on May 1.

The Filipino boxer, who recently retained his World Boxing Organization (WBO) welterweight title by defeating Joshua Clottey, said he wants to fight Mayweather before he retires.

Pacquiao, however, admitted that he still has to convince his family, especially his mother Dionisia Pacquiao, to allow him to fight.

“My mother wants me to retire from boxing; it’s 50-50 at this point… I will discuss this with the entire family,” he said.

Mayweather to insist blood test

However, if both boxers succeed in their separate challenges, Mayweather is expected to insist on Olympic-style drug testing before he fights Pacquiao.

“All I'm saying, if you're a clean athlete, take your test. That's all I'm saying. That's all I've got to say. If you're a clean athlete, take the test,” he said in a report by PhilBoxing.com’s Ronnie Nathanielsz.

This was the same demand by Mayweather months ago that led to the collapse of negotiations with Pacquiao.

Mayweather’s camp demanded the tests be conducted up to 14 days before the planned May 1 bout.

Pacquiao agreed to the random drug tests and offered a 24 day cut-off and a test immediately after the fight, which the American boxer rejected, resulting in the collapse of the negotiations.

11 users recommend
Reposted From ABS-CBN News

No comments:

Followers

How do you want to see your blog reviewed, evaluated and rated as I see it? It's free!!! All that I request from you is a backlink from your blog to my blog by including my blog in your blogroll or enroll my blog in your subscriber or email feed. Aren't you curious how I will rate your blog as I see it?

To All Filipino Bloggers

May I invite you to join Filipinos Unite!!!. You can do so by commenting on my post or sending me an email containing your name, address, name of blog and its url. My email address is melalarilla@gmail.com. Your name, address, name of blog and its url will be included in the official registry of members posted permanently at my blog. Please join and be counted. Thank you so much. Mabuhay and God bless you and your loved ones.